The centre promotes empirical economic and social research in Cologne. This aim serves the purpose of, among other things,
The tasks of the centre are observed in conjunction with the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences of the University at Cologne.
- the execution of interdisciplinary research proposals;
- the allocation of resources and competencies for the analysis of data from economics and the social sciences;
- the publication of research of empirical economic and social research;
- the organisation of conferences, workshops and education programmes;
- contacts with research data centres, service centres and scientific institutions for empirical economic and social research, both domestically and abroad;
- the medial representation of empirical economic and social research in Cologne;
- the support and counselling for its members when they apply for and carry out research proposals.
The centre began work at the end of 2003. Members of the board of directors are
Prof. Dr. Hans-Jürgen Andreß (Managing Director),
Prof. Dr. Alexander Kempf and
Prof. Dr. Karl Mosler.
You may download the statutes in German (PDF).